Equal Pay Day is a global event dedicated to raising awareness of the gender pay gap. It symbolizes how far into the year the average woman must work in order to earn what the average man had earned in the entire previous year.
This year, Equal Pay Day is April 12, 2022.
Women in Ontario don’t just face a staggering pay gap—their employment rates have fallen to levels not seen since 1994, while frontline workers continue to face significant hazards on the job.
It’s time for action. The Equal Pay Coalition is calling on Ontario’s political parties to take five key actions to support economic justice for women.
Will you join us?
- Raising the minimum wage to a living wage.
- Mandating paid sick days for workers.
- Implementing the Pay Transparency Act.
- Establishing affordable, accessible public childcare with decent wages and conditions for childcare workers.
- Rebuilding the economy by funding public services and equipping health, community & social services, and education workers with decent wages and working conditions.