Ontario Health Coalition
HOSPITAL EMERGENCY Town Hall Meetings
- Our public hospitals are in an unprecedented crisis.
- The Ford government has done substantially nothing to help them.
- Instead, they have funneled millions into for-profit corporations to privatize our public hospital services
Almost 100 Emergency Departments have had closures across Ontario. If the Ford government continues to ignore & downplay the staffing crisis — and use the crisis as an excuse to privatize — our community hospitals are at grave risk.
All across Ontario people have banded together for a century or more to build up our local public hospitals. We have volunteered, fundraised and donated from our pay cheques because these are vital services for our communities. The Ford government’s plan would dismantle our local public hospitals, taking the profitable services out to for-profit corporations, robbing them of desperately needed staff and funding.
We must force the Ford government to address the crisis and take urgent action to support our local PUBLIC hospitals.
We CAN do this, but everyone needs to help to make it happen.
Town Hall Meetings Across Ontario
Due to the overwhelming spread of respiratory infections in Ontario, we will hold the meetings online. It is super easy if you’ve never done it!
- You just need a computer with internet. Register by clicking on the link (called the Zoom link) by your local town hall meeting listed below. The registration form just lets us know how many people are coming.
- Once you have filled in the registration form Zoom will automatically email you a link for the meeting. We will send reminders the day before and the day of.
- When it is time for the meeting to start, click on that link Zoom emails to you and a window will open that puts you into the meeting. You can choose at that point to have your video camera in your computer on or off.
Need help? Email email@example.com and write TOWN HALL HELP in the subject line.
We are proud of the difference we make and we hope you are too. This work is only made possible by people who care like you. Please do become a member or donate. It matters!
If you can, please CLICK HERE to donate or become a member.